Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The leap has been taken....

I submitted my first design proposal yesterday! It was very exciting and completely terrifying, all at the same time.

While I would love to have my design chosen, I am really happy to have gone through the process (yes, I realize this sounds like I am honored just to be nominated, but it's true, I swear!). I had some ideas scratched out on a sheet of paper, but that was as far as I had taken any of them.  This call by Three Irish Girls really gave me the kick in the pants that I needed to take the next steps and I have already learned a lot!

I never thought about just how many decisions designers make for each garment, it's really mind boggling!  Top down, bottom up, what cast on, what neckline, pattern stitches, increase methods, sleeve techniques, interesting detail placement, bind offs, etc.  I questioned a LOT of things as I was putting together my proposal, and I think that really helped make it better.  I hope it made it better.  And that I didn't just confuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment