Friday, December 16, 2011

Pride Goeth Before a Fall.....

The Yarn Harlot has mentioned this phrase in several of her books (which are awesome btw....) and it is so true.

I was really proud of the fact that I had learned the provisional crochet cast on to make this adorable giraffe toy that I am test knitting. I had never done anything like it, but thanks to Knitting Help, I rocked it.  The pride I mentioned before ;).  Actually, I should rock any cast on that I get to practice 300 times -- you see, this was cast on at the outer edge and worked in, so I was starting at the biggest part.

Everything was going along very well, markers were placed, increases made appropriately, picot edge row done. And then it happened.  I had these 300 stitches on my 40 inch circular, which I was only using because I don't have another size 3 circ and I hadn't gotten to my lys to buy another one.  (I take this as a sign that I should always go directly to my lys whenever I even *think* I might need different supplies). So, the stitches were all over this thing, twisting and ruffling around.  For some reason, I decided to double check that nothing was twisted.  Ignorance is bliss, I tell you.  It was twisted real nice.  So it got thrown into the bag I was carrying all my supplies in and has been sitting in time out ever since.

Maybe I shouldn't roll my eyes at the instruction so often seen in patterns 'Making sure stitches are not twisted'.  I thought I did......

No comments:

Post a Comment