Friday, November 4, 2011

My Mama Knits -- I hope she's always proud to say that!

"My mama knit these," my daughter proudly told someone when they noticed her handknit socks.  She's 8.5 now and loves to show people things that I made.  I'm happy that she enjoys the things I make and that we will have this common interest as she grows up.

I do fear, however, that I have created a monster.  She now continually asks for more socks and will wear the ones she already has until I practically peel them off her and promise to have them washed and back to her soon. Not only that, she has gained a fine appreciation for 'the good stuff' very early in life.  She told me a few months ago that she wants to save up for her own 'collection' of Three Irish Girls yarn. A girl after my own heart :).

Then yarn began speaking to her. "This one really needs to be something for Grandma, doesn't it?" "That one has to be a hat for the baby." The kicker?  She's usually right!  I can hand her a pattern and send her off to my stash and the girl will come back with something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment