Monday, November 7, 2011

She's come so far!

I taught my daughter the very basic knit stitch when she was about 4.  She worked diligently back and forth in garter stitch, always very happy when someone would ask "Is she really knitting?". There were dropped and twisted and extra stitches, but it was impressive that a 4 year old could do about as good as any other new knitter.  Her interest in knitting has come and gone (she comes by that honestly!), but it's most interesting to see how far she has progressed from that first swatch of knitting.

We had a craft day yesterday with my mom, mother in law, and sister in law and my daughter cast on a dishcloth pattern out of a booklet my mother in law had brought. She worked away, only pausing to check how to do a yarn over and a knit 2 through the back loops. I took a look at her work today and I'm impressed. Her stitches are even and the eyelet pattern of the yarn overs is emerging just the way it should, it looks beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment