Monday, March 12, 2012

So that didn't happen.....

In true Nadia fashion, I piled WAY too many things on my to do list for Saturday and I didn't get to everything.  I neglected to factor in the 4 or so hours that I would be away from home for my daughter's friend birthday party -- a minor oversight.  All was not lost, the house was decent (a huge step up from it's usual I'm afraid), there was food and cake that turned out well, so I will call it a success.

The cake was new for us, my daughter wanted strawberry, so a recipe for strawberry cake I found here . It was good, and went well with the cream cheese whipped cream frosting I threw on there.  Strawberries and cream is a classic combination and it did not fail me :).

The pattern writing completely got skipped, so that is this week's project.  With all of the notes I have I can see what I did for each step, the hard part will be explaining it in a way that someone else can understand. Oh, and that tiny little matter of grading it into 4 sizes.  I am refusing to be scared off by this.  I have been told that I can be very stubborn (still not sure I buy this completely), so I am just deciding to be the boss of these numbers and bend them to my will.  No sweat. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment