Friday, February 1, 2013

Knitting? Check. Baking? Check? *LOVE*

Today has been good and bad. The bad would be a dog managing to track in something unpleasant from outside on her paw(despite it being about 10 degrees BELOW 0, it was impressive). That was no fun to discover or to clean up.

The good? The knitting and baking of course :)! I just started a new sweater the other day and I am really looking forward to having it done so I can wear it every day. Seriously, I think I will live in this sweater. For one thing, it is knit in Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino - which might just be heaven in yarn form. For another it is a super pretty purple - Enna. To top off the awesomeness, I give you the pattern - Ease by Alicia Plummer. It is the ultimate comfy everyday sweater. I feel warm just looking at it!

Up for baking today is bread. Well, bread and rolls. Or maybe just rolls, I haven't totally decided yet. My kids have a love for rolls that seems to know no bounds. I have an hour or so before I need to shape the dough for it's second rise, so I can still be indecisive. I am tweaking a recipe that I've adapted from Peter Reinhart from his book Bread Baker's Apprentice . I've got it at 50/50 white and white whole wheat right now and it's yummy. Once I have it all figured out, I will share it.  Until then, I will have to sacrifice and continually test fresh homemade bread. Someone has to, right? The link above for the cookbook is a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment