Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Next up.....

So, I have two designs squared away and just waiting to be published with Three Irish Girls. It actually feels odd to not have something in the works with them now.

Fortunately, I happen to have a little stash of TIG yarn here and some ideas of what to do with it :). My daughter's birthday is coming up in a month and I owe her a sweater. I have some ideas in mind, now I just need to pick my yarn. I have some pretty Adorn Sock (Roisin, a deep burgundyish color) and some pretty Glenhaven Cashmerino Fingering (Curiouser and Curiouser, a light/medium turquoise) .

I don't know that my soon to be 10 year old will fully appreciate the cashmere. Maybe I should save that for me, you know, since I get it.

I also need to frog a sweater to reclaim the cashmere, so that's another reason to use the Adorn for her. My design attempt there didn't go as well as I had hoped, the whole 'I'll just start knitting and figure it out as I go along' approach isn't really the best. Lesson learned, I know better now. I still love the concept of that sweater though, and I think I will do a child's version of it sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment